The present Feni District was formerly a Sub-division of the then
Noakhali district. The Sub-division was created by the Brithsh Government in
the year 1876 for convenience of public administration. Feni got the status
of an independent district from March, 1984. It is one of the small
districts of Bangladesh with an area of 395 sq. miles. Feni is surrounded by
Chowddagram of Comilla district in the north, Tippera of India in the
north-east, Senbagh and Companiganj of the present Noakhali district in
the west and the mouth of river Feni & Chittagong district in the south.